1. Leave the car park and go to point 1 on the walking route - the Nutshell Cafe.
2. Follow the route to point 2 - Brumby Wood. Take the right hand path as you approach Millennium Wood - an area of young trees in contrast with the more mature trees of ancient Brumby Wood ahead.
3. Enter Brumby Wood taking the first, wide path on the right.
4. Turn left along a wide path (straight on leads to a metal bar gate onto a lane) follow the path winding round to the left descending to wide cross paths.
5. Turn right here approaching the road into Brumby Wood Lane.
6. Turn right onto Brumby Wood Lane ascending slightly onto the pavement.
8. Turn right into Brumby Hall Gardens to view the Hall and return resuming the same direction along Brumby Wood Lane.
9. Bear right at the junction of Ashby Road and follow the path through the Festival Gardens - named after the Festival of Britain in 1951.
10. Cross the access road to the Pods Leisure Centre passing in front of the Civic Centre through Queens Garden North with specimen trees and wedding arbour. Approaching the anchor from HMS Ariande, cross the access road and enter the Queens Garden South.
11. Continue parallel to Ashby Road almost to the junction with the Kingsway. The Queen and Prince Phillip planted commemorative during their visit in June 1957.
12. Turn right heading towards the beautiful fountain garden, favoured by newlyweds for their wedding photographs. Leaving the fountain garden you may wish to compliment your walk by visiting the lively central hub for refreshments at the Nutshell Café before returning to the car park.
13. Take the right hand path to explore Oak Wood which is teaming with wildlife.
14. From Oak Wood follow the boulevard back to your starting at the Nutshell Café, passing the play zone and unisex toilets.