1. From the car park, enter the Nature Reserve through the metal gate, go straight ahead with the boundary on your left.
2. Shortly before this path reaches a road, (Phoenix Parkway) bear right along a rising path into the woods, initially parallel to the road. The path gradually bends round to the right away from the road.
3.The path emerges into the open; turn left along a path with a hedge line on your left and a fenced enclosure on your right.
4. Bear right at the end of this path.
5. Bear left between fenced enclosures uphill towards a road end.
6. Bear right in front of the access gate into Skippingdale Road, the path follows back gardens on your left and posts on your right.
7. Turn right opposite the access gate from Foxhills Road, then retrace your steps along the outward route to Point 3.Turn right and, almost immediately left downhill on a wide path.
8. Bend round to the left on a narrower path along the hillside above your outward route. This path goes in and out of the trees.
9. Cross the remains of a building and follow a path rising steadily along the hillside.
10. Immediately before an open sandy section, descend along a path bearing left to join your outward path to the car park.