1. From the Bay Horse Inn, walk down Low Burgage and bear left into Waterside.
2. Next to the entrance to the Humber Yawl Club there is a footpath (signed) leading up a short bank. Follow this bank for a short distance (with reeds on your right) and the gates to the Yawl Club will be in front of you. Turn left and go over a stile which leads to a long straight embankment.
3. Follow the embankment for just over a mile and go over a gate and stile. The embankment now curves away from the river until a ramp on the left leads down to a lane. The signpost here tells us this is Booth Nooking Lane. Take this.
4. Near Marsh Farm the road improves and in a while the road bears left. To your right is Rotten Sykes Lane (a public footpath which leads to Whitton) We go straight on on a signed footpath alongside a dyke.
5. Where the path veers right, cross Haven Drain by a wooden bridge, and, near the church you will emerge into Meggitt Lane.
6. Turn right past the churchyard and follow the road, which eventually becomes West End.
7. Turn left at the Bay Horse Inn and back to your starting point.