1. Walk down Main Street along the way you entered Whitton.
2. Just as you leave the village, with the entrance to Ings Lane on your left, turn right into the wide track on your right. This track bends right opposite Willwick Hill Plantation on your left and aims for the right hand edge of the wood on the horizon.
3. Turn left here along a slightly rising path with glimpses of water through the trees on your right.
4. Cross the stile; the Flats Flood Scheme is visible below on your right. Bend to the left behind the ruins of a building and keep left following a row of trees on your left to a gate on your left. The panorama here is excellent.
5. From this area near the gate, do not go downhill, stay on the hilltop and aim for those ruins, behind which is the stile at point four. Retrace steps to point three.
6. Cross the stile on the left and bear right along and slightly down the hillside with the river below on your left.
7. At the junction with a wide track, bear right towards the village, cross the third and last stile onto the road opposite the church.