1. Enter the churchyard by the Churchside gateway, go through the church yard and turn left out of the main street entrance.
2. Immediately after Glebe Farm, follow a way marked path on the right over two stiles and across a field to a bend in the road.
3. Bear right along the Coleby Road.
4. At the Coleby village sign, turn right onto a track that skirts Manor Farm (the track passes between the farm buildings).The track at first descends, crosses a stream and then rises gently.
5. At the first track junction, turn right onto a very straight track, this track rises, going under electricity power lines, descends, crosses a stream and then rises again. Continue straight on, passing a track/lane on the left to Southdale Farm.
6. Where the track meets the road at a bend, turn right along the road heading back to West Halton, this is Alkborough Lane.
7. At the road junction, cross and follow a way marked path with a school playing field on your right.
8. Where the path reaches a road junction, turn right back into Church Side.