[ skip to content]
Belton picnic area
1. Leave car park heading South along a wide yellow grit path and go up a hill until you see Epworth ahead.
2. Follow footpath signs into Epworth, passing a timber factory (CW Fields) on right, and carry on down to the road.
3. Turn left into Epworth until you reach the fire station - go up Tottermire lane onto Belton Road A161, cross over through the garden centre up a wide path up the slope past St. Andrews church.
4. When you reach the road, turn immediately left onto a wide track, which bears left at a corner – a windmill can be seen ahead.
5. Follow path towards it until meeting the road. Cross road and turn right, take second path on left after the windmill, which will bend gradually to the right. This leads back to the car park where walk began.
Some gradual slopes and some areas that can get very muddy in places.
OS explorer 280.
Approximately an hour and 15 minutes at a leisurely pace.
There are several public houses are along this route.
You can also download a PDF version of the route below: