1. Head towards the town centre and turn left up Hollingsworth Lane.
2. Cross the road at the bend, continuing down a path alongside gardens.
3. At a low way mark sign, turn right into an enclosed footpath, continue to a road.
4. Turn left along Melwood View, crossing Wheatfield Close and Melwood Close, continuing to the junction with Rectory Street.
5. Turn left on the roadside of Rectory Street; as the main road swings right up Melwood Hill, continue ahead along Newlands Lane, a no-through road.
6. A finger post left indicates the turn off for the short walk (continue to point 12). For the longer walk, continue along the lane past a house on the left.
7. Opposite a barn flanked by trees, turn left along a track (Narrow Lane), continue ahead along the straight track to where it bends left and meets a road.
8. Turn left along this Beltoft to Epworth Road.
9. After a bridge turn left along a track, passing a farm hard standing on the left.
10. The track bears right and shortly turns left again.
11. The track turns right, slightly upslope towards Epworth.
12. The track joining from the left here is our shorter route from point six; continue up the slope alongside the houses on the left, rejoining our outward route from point three to point two. Turn right along the road.
13. After the last houses, turn left along a wide track, still slightly uphill past the cemetery on the left.
14. Turn left on a path to the left of the church, round to the porch, down steps and left along the tree lined Church Walk, which emerges next to the car park.