1. Return along the old line to Jeffrey Lane, turn left, crossing the road and go to the junction with High Street.
2. Bear right for a few yards, cross High Street, enter a way marked farm lane/track between houses onto open fields – Belton Fields.
3. Soon after a path junction on the left turn right on a narrower footpath crossing an arable field towards houses (not sign posted).
4. The house immediately to the right has long, vertical, rounded topped windows, turn left along a path next to the backs of houses and gardens; at a cross tracks continue ahead over Mann Lane.
5. At a brick wall the path becomes enclosed and emerges onto Carrhouse Road, turn left.
6. Take the first left on a rough road opposite The Granary.
7. At the junction turn right passing Northcroft Kennels.
8. Bear left at White House, following the rough road round to the right.
9. When this road meets the houses, turn left along a path next to the gardens.
10. The path emerges at the Crown Inn, turn right along Church Lane.
11. Turn right past Church Farm (dated 1707).
12. Turn left at Church View Close to a road junction, cross, passing a converted chapel and Lavender Cottage, continuing ahead, then bending to the left, ignore side roads.
13. At the junction with the A1606, carefully cross, go to the right of the Steer Arms and bend right along a short road.
14. Bear left and immediately left again through a metal gate/stile onto the old railway track, continue back to the car park.