1. From the Black Horse, turn left uphill alongside the main road.
2. Carefully cross the A18, walking along Kettleby Lane, passing an electricity sub station on your left. At present you are in North Lincolnshire.
3. After passing a row of houses on your right, turn up a footpath into Lincolnshire just after the last house. Cross a stile on the right, crossing the garden diagonally left and leaving it by another stile at the end of the garden. You can skirt the outside of the garden, but the garden route is the legal right of way.
4. Cross the field diagonally right towards a gap in rough vegetation, once here you can see a way marking post near a hedge ahead across a bridge with no handrail over a boggy section.
5. The waymark post indicates the direction alongside the hedge on your right and then diagonally across 3 fields, aiming for gaps in the intervening hedge lines each time.
6. Cross a small bridge and final field to the junction with a wide track and turn right up this track back into North Lincolnshire.
7. Turn right along a good wide farm lane, which becomes a surfaced road – High Field Road.
8. At the junction with the main road (A18), turn right uphill, crossing where convenient back to your starting point.