1. Leave the Market place in a westerly direction along Bridge Street.
2. Immediately before the bridge over the Old River Ancholme, turn right down some steps onto a tarmac path beside the river. Follow this path north under a road bridge.
3. Pass under the motorway bridge, the tarmac path ends here, and continue along a grass path alongside the New River Ancholme.
4. The first bridge over the New River is Castlethorpe Bridge, cross here and turn immediately left onto a permissive path back towards Brigg with the river on your left.
5. At this point the permissive path turns right but the council have provided a good path along the bank past a new housing estate,into Narrow boats road , then left into Waters edge to join Bridge street descend a few steps and continue nearer to the water.
6. As you reach the bridge the path swings round to the right and joins the pavement along Bridge Street. Turn left heading towards the town centre.
7. Where the road bends left, carefully cross, using the traffic island and enter the now quiet Bridge Street, crossing the Old River Bridge back to your starting point near the Tourist Information Centre.