1. Take the way marked footpath to the left of a derelict building, continue to a stile.
2. Cross the stile and walk diagonally left across a field to a stile in the hedge.
3. Cross this stile, follow the headland path, hedge on your right. At the field end continue straight on.
4. Cross an unsurfaced road, continue on, now to the right of a hedge.
5. When the hedge ends, cross a field descending towards trees, aiming just to the right of the distant Airport Control Tower.
6. Enter the copse, cross a wooden footbridge between two ponds, walk to the left of an old farm following a fence (on your left) through a gate to a road.
7. Turn left (a row of conifers on your right).
8. Take first left onto a farm road gaining entry through an unusual walker-friendly gate.
9. At Stonecroft House Farm bear right round and alongside a narrow plantation; at its end continue ahead across the field initially to a telegraph pole in the middle, then aiming towards a lamppost with a fir tree behind it at New Barnetby.
10. Turn left up the long, ascending road back to the starting point.