[ skip to content]
Near the Tourist Information Office in the Market Place, Brigg. Brigg can be reached by leaving the M180 at Junction 4 and following the A18 into the town. DN20 8LD
1. Leave the market place in an easterly direction along Wrawby Street and turn left down the first alleyway into the main car park, following the exit road (Old Courts Road) to the crossroads.
2. Using the crossing point, cross the main road and walk down Wesley Road which quickly becomes Grammar School Road. Follow this past several schools on your left.
3. Where the houses end on the right, just before the motorway turn right and then left through the gateway into a way marked lane, which bends round to the right following the side of the motorway.
4. Turn right into a wide lane (Brickyard Lane) and follow this to a road junction.
Turn right along the pavement/cycleway heading back towards Brigg.
5. Cross the road (A18) by one of the crossing points before reaching the roundabout if you can. It is easier to cross the Caistor Road, as you need to go straight on into Bigby Street.
6. Follow Bigby Street back to the Tourist Information Office in the Market Place.
The area is flat. The walk crosses the A18 twice but at crossing points. Underfoot, pavements are used for the majority of the walk. The lane alongside the motorway and Brickyard Lane are wide and the surface is pretty good.
Between one to one -and-a-half hours at a leisurely pace.
In Brigg there are several pubs doing pub lunches, several cafeterias, snack bars and takeaway facilities.
OS Explorer 281 The Ancholme Valley
At the end of Bigby Street near the roundabout.
You can also download a PDF version of the route below: