1. Enter the churchyard through the Lychgate, pass the church door on a grassy path to an enclosed tarmac path which leads left and then right into a road.
2. Turn right into Hall Meadow, which rises steadily to a road junction.
3. Turn left up the hill, in a few yards take a footpath on the left, which avoids walking up the road.
4. Cross this road and follow the delightful Gillman Trail, which winds uphill through deciduous woodland.
5. Go through the gate, turning right onto the metalled Middlegate Lane, the views along here are excellent.
6. Turn right at a finger post opposite a farm road, walk downhill across a field to the hedgerow.
7. Turn left along the field headland with the hedge on your right, passing another path coming down from the lane above.
8. Turn right, cross a high stile and go downhill with the hedge on your right.
9. Cross a stile, near a gate on your right, crossing the top of a garden and turn left down a lane.
10. Turn right into Main Street, pass a post office, and continue to Sheepdyke Lane on the right.
11. Go up Sheepdyke Lane, which bends left, and back opposite St Andrews Church.