1. Take the lane which appears to be for a small business and at the end enter a narrow waymarked path alongside the railway.
2. Go up a short slope ‘Knab Hill’ over a stile and turn right at the path junction and take the path crossing the horse paddock, the path leading into a lane.
3. The lane meets the road at right angled bend – go straight on along St. Barnabas Road.
4. There the road forks bear left.
5. At the next form bear right into Queens Road, this road bends left rising slightly.
6. Turn right into South street, this soon bends to the right.
7. At the road junction turn left into Marsh Lane.
8. Turn right onto the Viking Way – a good wide track.
9. As the track enters a small housing estate bear left onto the road.
10. Turn left into Victoria Road passing a fish and chip shop with an unusual name “A Salt and Battery” – if you can and go back to the start.