1. Head north to a wooden bridge, which bends round to the right and follow the path, which is parallel to the embankment on your left.
2. At the T-junction of paths, turn left on a path that rises on to the river embankment and turn right to follow the embankment.
3. After the tile works, turn right at a ramp leading down to a track, which runs adjacent to the Sailing club.
4. Turn right into Pasture Road North, which is initially a rough lane and then tarmac. The road bends to the left, and keep your eyes open for a large metal turnstile on your right.
5. Enter the nature reserve and follow the gravel path through small lakes and reed beds until you reach a path junction. Ahead is a hide on your right and the river embankment. Turn left and follow the gravel path past small lakes, past a hide on your left until you cross a footbridge.
6. Soon after the footbridge, another gravel path turns left, this is a pleasant loop passing scrubland on your right, ignore the path on the right and cross a footbridge. The gravel path leads between lakes and around with a metal fence on your left, the path meets a T-junction and to the left is another large metal turnstile. This is the exit to the reserve. Go through and to the right and across the road is the car park.