1. Leave the car park, crossing Butts Road, go along Fleetgate.
2. Turn left into Newport Street, continuing until the junction with Queen Street.
3. Cross diagonally into and along a lane to its junction with Marsh Lane.
4. Cross into Soutergate passing St Mary’s Church and the Beck to Beckhill.
5. Bear to the left of the famous imposing Saxon Church of St Peter.
6. Go up some steps along a surfaced path with the medieval Tyrwhitt Hall on the left and the church on the right.
7. Turn left at a corner through an archway along a surfaced path turning right along Green Lane.
8. At the junction with Barrow Road turn right and cross the road.
9. Turn left into Whitecross Street going slightly uphill to a road junction.
10. Cross this junction and enter the gateway into Baysgarth Park, proceed past the museum along a surfaced path around to the left.
11. Leave the park through a gate, turning right uphill and right again up Eastfield Road.
12. Soon after another gate into Baysgarth Park, turn right at a finger post along a grass headland path downhill and then slightly uphill to Brigg Road.
13. Turn right downhill, ignoring side roads to the junction with Holydyke nearly opposite the George Hotel.
14. Cross Holydyke and go down George Street and King Street.
15. Turn left along High Street.
16. At the mini roundabout with Fleetgate, turn right, crossing Newport Street rejoining the outward route to the car park.