Are you researching your family tree?
Do you want to view census returns, the General Register Indexes (GRO) and much more?
Even if your family did not live in North Lincolnshire, we have resources that can help with your research.
We have subscribed to two fantastic online resources so that you don't have to.
The Genealogist and Find My Past give you access to billions of historic records, and you can use them simply by visiting Scunthorpe Central.
Using our PCs you can access:
- Birth, marriage and death indexes between 1837 – 2005
- Index to deaths of British Service Personnel during World Wars One and Two
- Military records, including medal rolls
- Historic parish registers dating from 1538
- Census returns for England and Wales from 1841 to 1911
- English, Welsh, Scottish and Irish landowner records for 1873
- Education and work records, including apprenticeship records
- Historic trade directories
- Census crew lists (Royal Navy) for 1861, 1871 and 1901
- Merchant Navy records and crew lists
- Passenger lists, for those leaving the UK between 1890 and 1960
- Army lists for 1806, 1842, 1863, 1881, 1904, 1915 and 1920
- Navy lists for 1850, 1866 and 1888
- Knights of England 1127 – 1904
- Wills Index
All this is available in the Local Studies section of the Central Reference Library.
There are no extra charges for using these resources. You pay only for your time on the PC and any printouts you make.
To book a PC to use these resources, please contact the Scunthorpe Central.