Search and comment on planning applications
Our online Planning Application Register allows you to:
- search for planning applications, current or past
- monitor the progress of an application
- comment on applications
- view Decision Notices, including any attached conditions or reasons for refusal. View associated documents such as plans, decision notices and appeal decisions on applications registered from the 1 December 2005 (new planning applications will usually be available to view within three working days of validation)
- find out whether an appeal has been lodged and if any appeal decision is made
By using our online search facility you agree to our terms and conditions [PDF, 37Kb].
Ways that you might find out if a planning application has been submitted:
- Site notice – following the submission of planning applications, a site notice will be displayed on or near the application site
- Website- search the online Planning Register
- Local press – following the submission of certain types of planning applications, an advert may be placed in the Scunthorpe Telegraph
Time period for making a comment (representation)
It is important to be aware that there are time limits within which to submit your comments. All important dates are available to view on the council’s website against the relevant planning application.
Important information about making comments:
- objections or supporting comments on applications must be rational, impersonal and directed principally to the planning issues raised by the proposal
- comments of a personal, slanderous, libellous, defamatory, or otherwise offensive or abusive nature will not be tolerated and we reserve the right to remove and return any inappropriate comments
- comments or representations have not been checked for accuracy and are the views only of the author or authors
The planning process has to be transparent and open, therefore anonymous comments will not be considered.
You may make comments on planning applications online, by email or by post. Due to the volume of comments submitted it is not possible to acknowledge receipt of comments or to engage in correspondence.
In order for your comments or objections to be accepted, and for us to be able to send you further correspondence relating to the application, you must include:
- your name
- your contact address
- your email address (to notify you of any amendments to the application)
- reference number of the application
- your comments and/or objections
By sending your comments you confirm that you agree to this and that you accept legal responsibility for your comments.
The Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985 requires that any written correspondence must be made available for public inspection. It is not therefore possible to treat your comments in confidence and any correspondence, including names and addresses (but not signatures or email addresses), will be open to the press and public and will be made available on request. In the event of an appeal relating to an application, your comments may also appear on the Planning Portal website.
Tuesday and Thursday mornings by appointment only. Please call 01724 297000 to arrange an appointment.