The council ensures that services meet the needs and expectations of the community by regularly consulting with individuals, organisations and businesses. It does this through the decision making process. A Public Engagement Framework is in place to help with this.
The council seeks your views on a number of areas. These include:
- Reviewing the direction of the council.
- Helping us to build active, healthy, successful and safe communities
- Setting the council's budget and council tax.
- Taking major decisions about council policy.
- Reviewing and improving the quality of life in the area.
- Reviewing and improving service design, delivery and access.
- Receiving feedback on performance and satisfaction levels.
- Allowing people to raise issues of importance to them.
To take part in any of the consultations the council is carrying out at the moment go to the current consultations page.
To find out about consultations that the council has recently carried out go to the recent consultations page.
Asking a question at a council or scrutiny meeting is straightforward. For more information please contact Mel Holmes (Head of Democratic Services) on 01724 296230. Alternatively you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.