Normanby Hall Country Park hosts a BBC Great British Story event on Saturday 23 June.
This free event gives people the chance to spend time with local history experts from the council’s museums service so you can track down your own Great British Story.
Entry to Normanby Hall Country Park will be free on the day.
Visitors will have the opportunity to do the following:
- Track down the meaning of your surname
- Learn the origin of the name of the place you live
- Discover why the local landscape looks the way it does, who lived here before us and what hidden landscapes can be found if you look a little deeper
- Meet experts and learn how to look after your own historical artefacts
- See the Museum Service’s photograph collection and search for photos of your community from years gone by
- Enjoy learning more about Normanby Hall on guided walks and self-guided trails
- Get information about other great local historical sites
- Be inspired and learn how to gather memories from your family and friends
- Plus a full programme of expert talks will run throughout the day (limited places, filled on a first come first served basis) and so much more including history activities for all the family.
For more details call Normanby Hall on 01724 720588 or visit the BBC website to find out more about the Great British Story.