1. Leave the car park at its southern side, turning right down Stather Road, following the road as it bends left downhill.
2. Go through the way marked kissing gate, following a winding path downhill.
3. Go through a kissing gate, carefully cross the mineral railway line through another kissing gate to follow an obvious downhill.
4. Go through another kissing gate, following the path gently downhill to a junction with a track.
5. Turn right and almost immediately left onto and down a road.
6. At the first road junction, turn right, follow the road across a road junction with an individual complex on your left. Pass under the railway bridge, continue along the lane, ignoring the first path on the right.
7. Turn right at a finger post opposite the farm road to Flixborough Grange following a steeply rising path through the woods.
8. The path veers right onto the road, continue right along the road which descends towards the village.
9. Immediately before the first houses on the right, follow a way marked path down the left hand side of the field, crossing two stiles and through a gate into the lane you used earlier.
10. Turn left along this outward route back under the railway bridge.
11. Take the first road on the left, walking steadily uphill.
12. At the road junction keep left, following the road uphill back to the Inn