Our Walking the Way to Health in North Lincolnshire timetable is available at your Local Link or Library, or you can download the timetables below:
Important information – Please read
Everybody is welcome to join any of the walks, which are always relaxed and friendly. There is no need to book – just turn up on the day!
- All walks are free and are no longer than three miles (unless otherwise stated), please check the length of the walk beforehand.
- All walks are led and supported by at least two trained Volunteer Walk Leaders, one with first aid equipment.
- The idea of the walks is to help improve your health. You are encouraged to walk at your own pace, but at a pace which makes your heart beat a little faster and your breathing a little quicker.
- In severe weather conditions walks may be cancelled, please call 01724 297631 before 9.30am on the day of the walk if you are in any doubt that a walk will not be taking place.
- Please wear comfortable shoes with grip and be aware that some walks may be muddy in places. It is also advisable to bring a drink with you, particularly in warmer weather.
- If walking with friends, please consider car sharing; this will help cut down the number of cars at the start of the walk and prevent complaints from local residents.
- Additionally please consider residents and other road users when parking and allow adequate room for farming vehicles.Please do not park on verges, block driveways and consider the Highway Code when parking.
We would like to encourage walkers to use public transport to get to the walks where suitable bus timings are possible. Here are a few suggestions:
- Normanby Park - catch no 60 bus at 1010 Scunthorpe bus station towards Whitton. Alight at Normanby Hall at 1025. Return 1428 or 1522.
- Barton - catch no 350 bus at 0915 at Scunthorpe bus station towards Hull. Alight at Barton Rail Station at 0953. Return 1255 and every hour until 1655.
- Haxey Turbary - catch 399 bus at 0915 at Scunthorpe bus station towards Doncaster. Alight at Haxey 1006. Return 1305 or 1505.
- Worlaby - catch no 350 bus at 0910 at Scunthorpe bus station towards Hull. Alight at Barton rail station at 0953. Connect with bus 450 at 0955 at the rail station. Alight at Worlaby 1020. Return 1223 or 1423 to Barton, then 350 bus from Barton every hour from 0755.
- Belton - Catch 399 bus at 0915 from Scunthorpe bus station towards Doncaster. Alight at Belton at 0945. Return 1325 or 1522.
- Winterton - catch 360 bus at 0935 from Scunthorpe bus station. Alight Winterton at 0952. Or catch 350 bus at 1010 from Scunthorpe bus station towards Hull. Alight at Winterton 1026. Return 360 bus at 1253 or 1353 or 1453. For 350 bus, every hour from 0819.
Choose a walk suitable for you (please note the start time, if you are new please attend 15 mins earlier)
The H2H Walk is led by Dave and Jan Ogilvie on Tuesday mornings. The Heart 2 Heart walk is predominantly attended by people who have experienced heart problems. This is a warm and friendly group of people who share a common experience and who are determined to live as full a life as possible, whilst giving support whenever and wherever needed. Anyone can attend these walks, which are at a gentle to moderate pace to ensure everyone enjoys themselves. Start time 10.30am.
Walk 4 All on Tuesday mornings has a slightly brisker pace to the H2H walks but often provides an additional shorter, slower paced route for those of you recovering from illness or unable to walk far. Please call Pauline (01724 297342) to check if there is a shorter route planned for the walk you would like to attend. Start time 10.30am.
Thursday morning walks are attended by people of various fitness levels and go at a reasonably steady pace. Stops are included on a regular basis to enable the group to catch up. Start time 10.30am
The park walks on Thursday afternoons take you off the beaten track, through lovely green areas and to places you may have forgotten or did not know existed! Come and see what you are missing. Start time 2.15pm
The Normanby park walk is held every Friday and is a great start for those who are new to walking or may need extra help in gaining confidence in walking. The group is usually split to cater for differing abilities with distances to suit each group. A free parking pass will be provided for duration of walk (please ask a walk leader for a pass). Start time 10.30am