The council manages four swimming pools in North Lincolnshire:
Pool programmes and opening times are available to download at the bottom of the page.
Supervision of children and non swimmers
Water based activities are great fun especially for young children. However water is hazardous and careful supervision is essential.
The following rules are in place to help you, help us to maintain safety:
- A responsible person aged over 16 must accompany every child under the age of four-years-old on a one-to-one basis.
- A responsible person aged over 16 must accompany children aged between four and seven years inclusive with no more than two children to every adult.
- Children aged eight and over can swim unaccompanied.
Swimlincs - learn to swim programme
Swimlincs is a learn to swim programme for people of all ages. It covers the essential areas of swimming and other water skills.
The programme provides equal opportunities for local people to:
- Learn to swim
- Take part in a variety of water activities
- Extend their skills to competition level.
Swimlincs programme structure
The diagram below shows the structure of the programme.
More details about the programme are provided in a handbook for
parents. To request a copy of the handbook call 01724 297092 or
Swimming for people with disabilities
There are a growing number of opportunities for people with
disabilities to take part in swimming activities. Swimming clubs
are being encouraged to work with people with disabilities. They do
this through schemes like Active Sports. A number of swimming clubs
for people with disabilities are now up and running in the area.
Contact the following sites for more information:
All swimming teachers are qualified through the national
governing body for swimming. This is the Amateur Swimming Association
(ASA). The ASA and the council encourage swimming teachers to:
- Regularly update their knowledge and skills
- Demonstrate their commitment to continuing professional
development and child protection.
Contact the Swimming Development Officer (Tel: 01724 297092 or
for general enquiries and more information on:
- The learn to swim programme.
- Opportunities for swimming teachers
- Continuing professional development.
The programme is run at all North Lincolnshire Council leisure
centres that have swimming pools. These are: