The local studies section of the reference library houses a
collection of local maps produced by the Ordinance Survey. The maps
cover the whole of the present North Lincolnshire, as well as large
parts of the surrounding area.
Maps are available in a variety of scales and editions, with the
earliest dating from 1890.
- 1890 6 inches to a mile edition
- 1907 (circa) 25 inches to a mile edition
- 1908 6 inches to a mile edition
- 1948 prov. 6 inches to a mile edition
- 1956 prov. 6 inches to a mile edition
- 1965 1:2,500 edition
- 1965 6 inches to a mile edition
- 1975 1:10,000 edition
- 1975 1:2,500 edition.
North Lincolnshire reference library also has a
historic maps programme covering the whole of North
Lincolnshire from the late 19th century up to the early 20th