The Local Studies section of the Reference Library provides a range of current and historical materials about the local area. As well as covering North Lincolnshire, the collection also houses materials on Lincolnshire and former Humberside areas.
Materials are available in a range of formats including books, periodicals, newspapers, maps, photographs and ephemera.
Specialised information resources include:
- Family History.
- Local History Packs - on the history of individual towns and villages in North Lincolnshire.
- Local Newspapers - dating from 1796, most of which can be consulted on microfilm.
- Maps - in a range of scales dating from c.1891
- Special Collections - Steel Industry and John Wesley, the founder of Methodism who was born in Epworth in North Lincolnshire.
- Photographs - including the new digital Image Archive of local history photographs.
- Trade Directories.
Local and family history enquiries are welcome by letter, phone (01724 860161), or by using our online enquiry form.
For more information about our services for Local Historians please contact North Lincolnshire Reference Library on 01724 860161 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.