This annual event supports North Lincolnshire Council’s Vision; to develop aspiring people by increasing the skills and education outcomes in North Lincolnshire; to remain competitive with the rest of the UK.
We know how important it is that young people receive information, advice and guidance on a range of different jobs and career paths; to help them make decisions about their future.
What’s on Offer
Each year exhibitors at the event include a variety of local and national companies, further education institutions, organisations and training providers. The event is supported by The Skills Show, the European Social Fund and the National Careers Service.
Giving you the opportunity:
- to gain an insight into what it’s like to work in various types of industry
- to engage in experiences reflecting the training; learning and job opportunities in the current and future employment market
- to learn about apprenticeships and the qualifications which are needed.
It is our aim that you leave the event inspired by the range of skills you have experienced and the wealth of career possibilities shown to you.
We always encourage parents to come along with their children, too.
This year’s event included
This years event was supported financially by; The Skills Show, the European Social Fund and included:
- 68 exhibitors attended the event at The Baths Hall ranging from local businesses and colleges to universities from Nottingham, Lincoln and Huddersfield to national organisations
- Exhibitors gave visitors the opportunity to ‘have a go’ which included eating bugs, making cakes, using a welding simulator, operating a robot, styling hair and much more
- Approximately 1700 people attended the event. Positive feedback has been received from exhibitors and attendees.
We will shortly begin preparations for 2015’s event; hoping it will bring inspiration to many more of our young people.
The Skills Show Experience forms part of the European Social Fund Technical Assistance project, awarded to the Skills Funding Agency to promote the European Social Fund.
In addition, the programme is co-funded by the Skills Funding Agency to deliver the National Careers Service at the events.
Working in partnership with The Skills Show premier sponsors City & Guilds, the Edge Foundation and Premier Colleges, The Skills Show Experience provides young people with opportunities to discover what they are good at and what they enjoy, through interactive activities and experiences helping shape their futures and transform their lives.