The council provides larger wheeled bins for households that have five or more permanent residents.
Larger families now have the option to request larger recycling containers rather than a larger general waste wheeled bin. Larger families will now be able to retain a standard wheeled bin but instead request a larger burgundy or brown bin. The new options will be:
1 x 360 litre (larger general waste wheeled bin)
Plus, 1 x 140 litre (standard) burgundy bin and 1 x 140 litre (standard) brown bin.
Keep existing standard 240 litre general waste wheeled bin
1 x 240 litre burgundy bin
1 x 240 litre brown bin
The brown/burgundy bin not opted for in the larger 240 litre size will remain the standard 140 litre size.
All households requesting the larger wheeled bin service need to complete an application form and must meet the qualifying criteria listed below.
To qualify for the larger wheeled bin service:
- There must be five or more permanent residents in the household
- The household must be within the area now served by the alternate weekly collections i.e. the brown and burgundy bin scheme
- The occupants are actively engaged in recycling and regularly use the kerbside and other recovery facilities now provided.
Conditions for larger bin application:
- The 360 litre or 240 litre capacity wheeled bin will be 'on loan' and remains the property of North Lincolnshire Council. Your existing wheeled bin(s) will be surrendered to the council. At the end of the loan period you will be supplied with a replacement container of standard size
- Provision will be reviewed annually
- North Lincolnshire Council reserves the right to visit the home address to confirm entitlement.
Provision of false information can result in the withdrawal of this service.
To apply for a larger wheeled bin please fill in the online form. Alternatively, please print and complete the PDF version of the application form.
For further details please contact waste management via: