Overview and scrutiny panels welcome input from members of the public on all the work they do.
You can contact us from this page to:
- express an interest in giving evidence on an issue which is of interest to you, or on which you have some expertise
- submit evidence or comments in writing about one of the areas we are scrutinising
- suggest a topic or issue for the Scrutiny Panels to examine
- tell us what you think about our Scrutiny web pages and how we might improve them
There are a number of ways you can get involved and contribute to the process:
Attend a meeting
Nearly all meetings are open to the public to attend and usually take place at Civic Centre. Full details of the meeting dates and confirmation of the venue can be found here on the website detailed under forthcoming meetings.
If the panel needs to discuss confidential information regarding an item on the agenda, the press and members of the public will be asked to leave the meeting during the discussion.
You will not always be able to speak at the meeting unless you have submitted a request beforehand and been invited to do so by the chairman. If you would like to speak on a particular item you can contact the scrutiny team, who will pass on your request to the chairman. Should you wish to do so, contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to
North Lincolnshire Council
Tell the panel about your experience
Each scrutiny panel has a work programme which lists topics that overview and scrutiny panels are looking at in the near future. If you have any particular interest in the subject (it could be as a service user, community organisation or employee) the panel would like to hear from you. Should you wish to do so, contact us by e-mail email@example.com or by post.
Suggest a topic
Overview and scrutiny panels represent the people of North Lincolnshire and are there to hold decision-makers to account on your behalf. If there is a particular matter that you are concerned about then get in touch. It does not have to be about a particular council service, but can be about anything that affects the local services or the quality of life in North Lincolnshire.
Suggestion for reviews must meet the following criteria:
- Affect a group of people living in North Lincolnshire
- Relate to a service, event or issue in which the council has a significant stake or over which the council has an influence
- Not be an issue which overview and scrutiny has considered during the last 12 months - view the library of scrutinyreports
- Not relate to an individual service complaint
- Not relate to matters dealt with by another council committee, unless the issue deals with procedure.
What scrutiny doesn't do
Scrutiny doesn't deal with individual concerns, queries or complaints. If we receive these, we will forward them on to the appropriate department. View the council's A-Z of council services. If you are unhappy about a service that you have received from the council find out about the council'scomplaints procedure and how to make a complaint online.
Do you have a suggestion?
Have your say, tell us what you would you like to see in our annual scrutiny work programme by completing our online suggestion form.