In addition to the new Cabinet and Scrutiny roles the council still retains several committees. These deal with the following:
- A Planning Committee deals with planning, development control and related issues
- A Licensing Committee and relevant sub-committees deal with all licensing issues. This includes taxis and hackney carriages, the licensing of retail sale of alcohol, provision of regulated entertainment, the provision of refreshments between 11pm and 5am and the sale and supply of alcohol by or on behalf of a club to a member or their guest.
- An Appeals Committee deals with council staff grading and re-grading appeals, grievances and dignity at work, disciplinary matters and dismissals on the grounds of redundancy, capability or some other substantial reason.
- An Audit Committee deals with business enabling the council to demonstrate better use of resources and governance and achieve positive audit and inspection reports.
Each of these committees is made up of elected councillors. They reflect the political balance of the council.
Another committee has also been established. This was required by law.
- The Standards Committee deals with issues relating to the conduct of members of the council and of the 52 town and parish councils in North Lincolnshire. It consists of seven councillors and two independent co-opted members (non voting).
The Local Access Forum and Standing Advisory Council on Religious Education (SACRE), although separate statutary bodies independent of the council, are administered by Democratic Services. They contain elected councillors and others as required by law.