Building control deals with advice and applications for work in respect of the building regulations. It also deals with:
- Dangerous structures,
- Street naming and numbering
- Advice on safety at sports grounds.
Find out what other services the council's Building control offer.
The council's development control service deals with the determining and monitoring of planning applications. This includes other associated applications submitted to the council under the planning acts.
- Listed building consent
- Conservation area consent
- Advertisement display consent.
- Change of use.
Most building work, engineering work and use of land needs planning permission. The service ensures that development is carried out in accordance with local and national planning guidance.
The council's spatial planning service is part of the strategic regeneration, housing and development unit. It is organised into two sections: Planning policy and research.
The services include:
- Preparing the North Lincolnshire Local Development Framework
- Preparing and implementing planning policies for minerals and waste
- Providing research and statistical information, and policy and development monitoring
- Preparing supplementary planning guidance notes and development briefs
- Implementing and monitoring the North Lincolnshire Local Plan (including policies for minerals and waste)
The service has also been involved in preparing a Strategic Flood Risk Assessment for North Lincolnshire.