What can they do for you?
Local links offer you three benefits:
- They bring all council services together in one place - from benefits advice to bus passes, from housing to childcare and from planning to skip hire. You will have easy access to all that the council provides.
- They give you the opportunity to talk to your council and take part in decision making by commenting on new proposals and initiatives.
- They act as a 'gateway' to other non-council services. For example, careers guidance, health advice and the Pension Service. A number of organisations hold regular surgeries at local link offices.
Come along and speak to friendly, trained staff who will be eager to help you with any enquiry or problem by:
- Giving you information and advice.
- Listening to the issues that affect you.
- Finding the right form to apply for a service or benefit and, if necessary, helping you complete it.
- Offering you a convenient place to make payments for council services.
- Putting you in touch with your councillor or local Member of Parliament.
- Enrolling you on an adult education course.
- Introducing you to a relevant partner organisation that will be able to help, depending on your individual needs.
The council also offers a HomeLink service. HomeLink staff can visit you in your home if you can't get to one of the Local Link offices.
If you would like to know more about local links please contact your nearest local link office (see list below) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.